2016 Winter | Home Security, Tech and More
Smart Home or Not?
Security Is the #1 Tech Spend
You can control lighting and music or see what’s happening anywhere inside or outside the house, whether you’re at the office or settled in your favorite chair. No worries.
Steam Oven: The Latest Trend In Healthy Cooking
It defrosts without sacrificing nutrients, cooks quickly with no added fat, and the steam restores lost moisture to reheated meals so they taste as good as when they were first cooked. Healthier, tastier food in less time – that’s the kind of tech we want to see more of.
Health, Luxury and Virtue: All Brought to Your Bathroom
Hillary’s Favorite Holiday Salad
For the Salad:
• Watercress and arugula (or any mix of your favorite lettuce)
• 3-4 heads of endive sliced
• Ripe avocados, cut into chunks
• Oranges, peeled and sectioned
• Thinly sliced red onion
• Pomegranate seeds
• You can also add if you like… slivered almonds, goat cheese chunks
Mix the watercress and arugula and place in the center of an oval serving platter. Surround the outside ring with the cut up endive pieces, decorate with all the other items using the pomegranates last, do not toss. Just before serving drizzle with citrus dressing.
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• 3/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup champagne or white wine vinegar
• 3 TBS fresh Lemon Juice
• 2 TBS fresh Orange Juice
• 1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest
• Salt and pepper
Combine first 6 ingredients, shake and season with salt and pepper