We don’t typically think too much about shower doors until you begin renovating your bath and realize there’s a big variety of designs and styles. More than ever before, you can customize every aspect of your bathroom to create the perfect space that strikes the right balance between budget, aesthetics and functionality.
So where do you start with your new shower/bath project? We couldn’t think of a more appropriate place to begin than with your shower door:
HOW ARE THEY INSTALLED
- Framed Shower Door: features frames on the top, bottom and sides that are usually made of aluminum or rubber. They include a track which collects water and requires periodic cleaning.
- Frameless Shower doors: Made Custom to fit your space they are more modern, and easier to clean. They are installed with clips and no tracks.
HOW DO THEY MOVE
- Sliding Glass Shower Door: saves space with minimalist design and functionality.
- Pivot Hinged Shower Door: Pivot doors can be mounted to swing both in and out in order to fit the layout of the bathroom.
FRAMELESS DOOR PROS AND CONS
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- More customizable with endless design possibilities.
- Less bulky, much cleaner look.
- Easier to clean, less places for mold to build up.
- They cost more.
- Chance of leaks if not cut properly since there is no track to catch the water.
- Clear glass: lets light penetrate and see thru, can be tinted.
- Frosted Glass: provides privacy and is available in a variety of colors and finishes.
- Textured glass: also provides privacy, hides streaking and watermarks, many styles are available.
- Hardware: The clips or tracks are available in many finishes to match your shower head and valves. Typically more unusual finishes like antique bronze can greatly increase the cost of your shower door.
Ultimately, it’s about selecting a shower door that fits your lifestyle and budget. With all of these options and choices, Sunrise Building and Remodeling is here to help you. With over 30 years of experience, let us offer our contracting expertise and insight to ensure you get the proper products and installation for your next renovation project.